
I have just complete 3 out of 4 ten out of twelve hour days. That means that the rehearsal is 12 hours long but there has to be two hours worth of breaks (not including coffee breaks). They are long days.
When we moved out of the rehearsal hall on Thursday we were in good shape - for a rehearsal hall performance. But this show is full of technical elements. It was a little scary to add them. We worked very hard and got more accomplished in two and a half days than I thought possible. So last night we decided to really kill ourselves and do a full run of the show and add costumes. For anyone that has ever done a show you know that adding costumes means adding chaos. And we had not done a run in the theatre yet. A big leap to say that least. As stage management we were not expecting much. If we made it through the first act without anyone being seriously injured we were going to call it a success.
But to every one's surprise we kept on going. I expected the sound of grinding set pieces and then Susan the stage manager's voice over the sound system "STOP!" But it never came. We did a whole run of the play with only minor glitches and no stopping. I am feeling pretty good and much more relaxed about the whole thing. (Yesterday at supper I was pretty scared!)
The show is going to be fantastic. It looks unbelievable even if the show itself was crap. If anyone is in the Calgary area from this Wednesday to Christmas Eve I highly recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment