Friday, November 24, 2006

Christmas Carol long days

Twelve hours a day has slowed down to ten hours a day. I would be happier except that things don't seem to get better. We fix one problem with some technical element - and then something else that has been fine so far will go wrong. We are so busy troubleshooting that we aren't adding in the elements that are still not in the show.

If anyone is interested, the show is good right now. We have had two audiences. One was a student matinee and they really seemed to enjoy it. And last night we had a special showing to kids with Cancer and their families. They really liked it as well. So, even though from the backstage point of view the show could be better - give it a couple more days and it should be really good. By opening night (Dec 1st) it should be great.

But for now I have to get ready to go back to the dark whole were couple hundred pound rolling pieces of scenery will roll over my toes, coffins covered in dirt will scratch me up, and props bigger and heavier than me need to be lifted.... we will see if I make it out alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're in your groove Stace... I bet you're great when your in your SM element.

Love you!
Kendra