Saturday, January 06, 2007

They easy way to a four day weekend

As you may or may not know, in theatre you don't get weekends, you get Monday. And that is it. Since Oct 17 I have only had one day off at a time - except when I was given the gift of Christmas Day and Boxing Day off. Yesterday night I took a Nyquill in the hopes that it would knock me out, I'd get a good sleep and wake up feeling rested and cold free. This of coarse was wishful thinking. I slept horribly and woke up worse than when I went to sleep. So I called my stage manager and she knew before I asked that I wasn't coming in. "Take today and then you can be ready tomorrow for a run of the whole show. Or at least be well enough to come in and tell me how to do your job." Well, it seems that the three actors in the show were not interested in my germ covered body coming into work today. So last night I got a call saying "Take tomorrow too. Oh, and the director has decided we should all take Sunday off to rest up before we move into Tech rehearsals." So I am now on a four day weekend. Which is nice in theory. Except that I am coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose constantly. Oh well. Four days of sitting in my pajamas on the couch should fix that.

No comments: