Thursday, January 25, 2007
Tomorrow is opening
Well, I have made it. Tomorrow is Opening Night! It is such a huge relief to be at Opening. When you hit that big day you no long have to worry about changes or rehearsal. You are strictly in a show state - and with this show that means just evenings. I show up for my show call at 6pm. Empty the dishwasher, clean up the green room from the night before, make coffee, prep the consumable food, preset all of my props, double check everything is in the right place, check in with the cast, check in with the crew, then there is the half hour call (7pm) at this point we can not go on stage as the main curtain is not in for this show. We open the house to the audience at half hour. At the 5 minute call I get on head set and wait for the actors to join me at their entrances. They are given their go - and on with the show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with the show ... I am sure it will be marvelous! I gather there is the big reception tonight ... have fun!
Post a Comment