Sunday, April 15, 2007

Wife Night

On Friday night the people in Logan's recruit class were all planning on going out for drinks and for the first time their significant others were invited. First they went to the Cuff & Billy (the cop bar at the police associate). At just before nine (when I finished rehearsal) they conveniently moved to Earl's right by our house. I walked over and found a group of very "happy" people. They had clearly been "enjoying" their Friday night since the end of class at 4pm. I had a not bad time. But the lounge of Earl's is loud and everyone was too far gone to say anything more than "Hey, it's Loganberry's wife. Mrs. Berry how are you doing?" Very clever! But that would be the extent of the conversations I had - less one person that started talking to me about working back stage which progressed to the usual "I did a show in high school..." and that is the end of that.

I however had given up Opening Night comp tickets to Theatre Calgary's The Overcoat to meet these people.

Disclaimer** when you read this Logan I am not complaining or bitching, all I am saying is that they are nearly $100 tickets I got for free to shmkooze with and I could have sat with a group of drunk people I don't know any night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like complaining to me Log... Loganberry's wife hehe

Anonymous said...

The compromise one makes for their partners ...