On Sunday night I headed over to Jen's house to pick apples from her mom's backyard. They are huge, the size of your fist. Backyard trees don't usually produce apples of any size. So we picked 13 grocery bags full.
That is alot of apples. I took 6 bags full. Now many of the apples are bruised from an over zealous mom shaking the tree. So I figured that I would not get as much from a bag as I had to cut off the bruise. Not so. I cored and peeled and sliced 1 grocery bag full and made 2 pies and filled 6 freezer bags full of slices ready to go for apples in the future.
I plan to make more jam, and apples sauce and perhaps some apple muffins - but that will only use up a couple more bags. I have offered 2 bags to my aunt. But I am still worried that I will be stuck with a bunch of apples.
Any ideas for what else to make - preferably that I can freeze.
No comments:
Post a Comment