I have been writing blogs about the trials of finding a place to live in Calgary. I spent hours on the internet and in the paper looking. We went to see a couple. I wrote about the whole Stef and I went to look at. Well, Logan and I found a great place. I don't even want to get into how beautiful it was - except that it was really no bigger than our place right now and we were planning on putting 3 people into it. And then there was the price. Only $1150 a month. I say only, cause when you compare it to everything else I had been looking at, for what we would be getting the price was excellent. But then you have to remember that the cost of rent isn't relative to other places - it is relative to how much you can afford. Even with Stef kicking in for the rent, we would still have to up our food bill and put away a couple hundred dollars every month to cover the months when Stef would be moving back to Regina for the summer. So we turned it down. It was a great place at a great price - but still to much for us. We aren't about to stretch ourselves for rent - maybe if it was a mortgage payment.
So that was Sunday. Monday I had off and both Logan and I felt a little off. Tuesday I called in sick with the flu. Yesterday, I thought I felt better (and who can afford to miss two days of work in a row). I made it through 2 hours before I was sweaty from hot flashes and fever, dizzy and running to the bathroom yet again. I left. So today, whether I am feeling better or not I have to make it through work. And I thought that I would be fine - I sit all day. But talking engages muscles in the stomach, and when the stomach is upset it is magnified. So wish me luck as I try again today.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well ... the housing situation will get resolved ... don't worry about it.
Post a Comment